I have often lived paycheck to paycheck – even during times when I had a full-time job with a high salary.
You may be wondering how that’s possible. Or maybe you are going through the same thing right now. Either way?…
It’s no secret – Life is expensive.
Try listing it out sometime… Every month we have to:
- Pay rent ($1,550)
- Pay cable/satellite ($200)
- Pay electric, gas, water and/or trash bills ($220)
- Pay for auto/life insurance ($200)
- Pay for health insurance ($1200)
- Pay for eating out/groceries ($600)
- Pay for stuff that “happens” ($300)
When you get your paycheck for the month … all the money disappears 🙁
Yet, we KNOW we should be saving, as well as investing. We don’t want to have to work until the day we die. We all want to live life.
Wouldn’t it be nice to live without worrying about money?
There IS a way to move beyond living paycheck to paycheck: a budget.
Having (and sticking to) a budget does not have to be complicated and boring.
Thankfully, I found You Need A Budget (YNAB or Why?-NAB for short). Thousands of others agree it is a FANTASTIC tool that helps you to learn how to take full control of your money.
It’s based on a proven method of four basic rules:
- Give every dollar a job: Prioritize your spending/saving, and recognize the reality of finite resources.
- Save for a rainy day: Look ahead for larger, less-frequent expenses, and break them into monthly amounts.
- Roll with the punches: Adjust your budget as the need arises.
- Live on last month’s income: Get out of the paycheck to paycheck cycle and pay your bills as they come due with ease.
YNAB also has an easy to follow framework and an incredible support system already in place. More on that a little later.
With YNAB, you get:
- Cloud Sync
- Support for PC and Mac.
- Ability to use global currencies
- Incredible support
Remember that support I mentioned? Once you purchase, you get access to free live classes, screencasts, a dedicated forum and more. These resources go beyond just showing you how to use their system but also provide you with ongoing financial educational tips to help you get and stay on track.
Thousands of others like me LOVE using YNAB. But please – don’t just take my (or anyone else’s) word for it. Do your due diligence, research on your own, watch the videos and decide if this product might be as useful to you as I believe it will be for me.
- Chapter 1: Getting Started with Three Simple Steps
- Chapter 2: Step by Step Set Up
- Chapter 3: Top Ten Questions Asked by New YNABers
- Chapter 4: Handling Credit Cards in YNAB
- Chapter 5: Handling Savings in YNAB
- Chapter 6: Starting in Overdraft
The YNAB license is good for all current version (4.x at the time of this post) updates and will never expire. And they even offer discounts for upgrades for version changes. Your purchase also lets you use YNAB on every PC and Mac in your home. You can even install YNAB on your personal work computer.
Want to try and save even more on your purchase? Check out purchasing YNAB through AppSumo. They occasionally run some discounted pricing for this product. I was able to pick it up for only $30 (that’s 50% off!). Keep in mind the discounted price may not be available.
If you are not able to get the AppSumo deal, you can still save an additional $6 on your purchase using the button below.