There are many businesses and bloggers that choose writing their own content as their top resource for creating content for their websites and blogs. This method is free and will not cost anything but time to use. Having no “out of pocket” expense makes this the obvious choice for many. For those who place more value on having more free time, writing your own articles may not be the best option. Evaluate if writing your own content will work for you. Consider your answers to the following questions.
- Are you skilled enough in the language that you will be writing in?
- Do you have a creative writing mindset?
- Will you be able to come up with interesting content?
- Will you be able to provide enough content?
- Will your content be researched well enough?
- How much time are you willing to trade to be able to write your own quality content?
Even if you can write all of your own content, know that you will be trading away at least some of your time. It may take a lot of your time and could potentially take your focus away from other more important business priorities.